Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2008 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
mblatz is on a distinguished road
Talking Line Lock Applications on Newer Rams

Hey guys, im looking into drag racing my ram, posted a time a few days ago for a mostly stock 4.7L '08, and i have a few technical questions i was hoping to get answered in one shot, so here goes:

First of all, my truck is a 2008 Dodge ram 1500 4x4, with a 4.7L Flex motor, SXT package, running stock most everything, except a Cherry Bomb Vortex Exhaust with no restriction, It does NOT have ABS, Traction Control or all the fancy electronic stuff, just Electric Throttle Body, Which i plan to mod at some point.

Running stock 17" rims, Chrome Clad steels, and stock gearing. I was looking at a set of M&H Racemasters i seen in another post, much smaller tire than stock, and i like the looks of those, might get a set in spring.

Now for the Questions: 1: Line Lock applications; Will I be able to effectively use such an application in my ram without severely damaging something in the drivetrain, or will i have to change something drastically?

2: Gears; could someone tell me the make of my front differential so that i might be able to match up a gearset with the rear end, or is this not possible?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Sponsored links