Thread: tonneau cover
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 09:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac2010 View Post
I just bought an LSII ARE tonneau cover for my 2010 Ram Crew. I am very disappointed in the quality. When I got it home and opened the lid one of the hold down brackets (all plastic) was broke, cover is completely shifted to the drivers side because the main hinge is not centered when it was factory mounted, huge space behind the cab and the start of the cover, the cab is round and the cover is square (I should have caught this before I ordered it!), corner braces missing bolts (two missing on one side and one on the other), the box side rails flex inward significantly (nothing like my ARE on my 02 Chevy). The bolts that were missing in the corner brackets allow the frame to open up and damage the external hinge cover and paint.
Not my best day. Look at an ARE in person before ordering and inspect completely before accepting.
Oh yeah I forgot to mention paint overspray and unfinished corners on the fibreglass at the front, the inside portion of the hinge has almost all of the rivets pulling through the hinge.
I have some pics, but need to learn how to post them first.
Just my 2 cents.
I think you just got a bad product, and should return it to the place of purchase in order to get it replaced!

Now back to the OP...

I've got the A.R.E. LSII with the keyless option and LOVE IT. I don't do much hauling of stuff, and when I do I've got my utility trailer

It looks good, good quality, no issues with fit or finish, and the keyless unlock is tied into the locks on the truck. It wasn't cheap though... I believe it got it with a Bed-Rug for $1200 installed

(PM me if you want to see pics)
good luck and keep us updated

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill