View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Satin Orange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all

I love Summit and all but i would personally get the gear package from AIRRAM.
You can get everything you need (keeping your stock carrier) for $612.77 free shipping. The price is the same if you go w/ 4.10's
9.25 Motive 4.56 = $199.99
8.0 Motive 4.56's = $194.99
9.25 Motive Master Install Kit = $94.99
8.0 Motive Master Install Kit = $122.80

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblatz View Post
Thanks , Che, your truck has been my inspiration over the last couple of days, despite the fact you have a hemi and i dont, lol! But, i want to tap into the potential of this motor fully, as i know i am not getting 310HP to the rear wheels. i've heard from many a source that i am losing about 30% of that rating just to the powertrain, so i want to gain some of it back. just a general question about the gears, if i were to buy 4.56 gears from a vendor, say, summit racing, they would send me both the front and rear gears?

and for the line lock, that just installs somewhere between the master and the front brakes or is there somewhere specific it has to be routed to?