Old 12-25-2011, 11:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1989 dodge 250
Trim Level: base
Color: red
Engine: 1989-1992 360ci (5.9L) LA V8 190hp
Rep:10
mayor tom is on a distinguished road

i've heard that the stock cranks on sum of the early years didnt hold up (breaking) i had a 97 with a 10 in it and at that time headers and duals were bout as far as u can go oh yeah k&n filter i made my own throtle body spacer and opened up the opening of my throtle body butterfly plate edelbrock has aftermarket heads and not sure but either crane or comp cams have cam/ springs kits for them. on mine i yanked the heads off and pocket ported and smoothed the runners and matched ported the intake to heads theres lots of metal you can remove i kept up with my cousin in ths 02 diesel but he pulled away at top end i'd say the biggest improvement will be in compression that engine prob only had 8.7 to 9.0:1 have to dig my book outand check there was one guy that ran a v10m in truck pulls it never did run that well he had problems ,seem to run out of power 1/2 track not sure what was done to motor kinda of an odd guy , guess he didnt want to reveal his secrets or mistakes i'm into truck pulling also so if i find out anything bout these motors i'll drop you a note