Thread: CB Radios
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 10:41 PM
Conventional Eccentric

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Rep:220
highlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
highlandchef, some people don't care for the Cobra all-in-one cb radio
I often work with the California Highway Patrol & i use it as a loaner, as they don't usually have cb radios in the patrol vehicles any more.

Few radio techs know that you can boost the modulation of this radio very easily, i believe that they only put out 3 Watts, even though the package reads 4W.
This radios internal speaker sucks, best to use an External speaker, like i mounted on my suitcases lid
Thanks for the input. In researching the unit I found the video on increasing the modulation and it was obvious from what I read that an external speaker is necessary.

I'm considering it because for me a CB is an occasional need item as opposed to an all the time work necessity for you. It will be used for info on the road, possible emergency if there is no mobile signal or occasionally when traveling with other vehicles. However, I live in the suburbs of New York so when I'm not working it isn't needed and so being able to make it disappear is a good thing. Screw off the whip of the Wilson and no one will know you have a CB.

Disclaimer: I'm getting old and my opinions will reflect that fact!