Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Spud67 is on a distinguished road
Default 2012 Longhorn 730N RHR Navigation sucks

I just bought a 2012 Longhorn before Christmas and traveled with it for the holidays. I tried the NAV just to see how it would route me for the usual trip of 500 kms to visit with family. This NAV system routed me a total of 800 kms from Weyburn, SK through northern North Dakota back to the border crossing south of Brandon, MB and up to Swan River through Brandon and Dauphin, MB. We pay a big pile of money for these new vehicles and systems and this is the crap we get for a high end NAV system.

Not impressed with the NAV system and when I talked to the dealer the salesman I talked to said that maybe it is a good thing that I am going after a fix for this so the problem will get fixed for other customers. Why should we have to do that? Are they not the go between for us to the manufacture and come back to us with a fix. I am going after a fix for this right to the top, as far as I can. This is unacceptable when buying a brand new vehicle.

I aslo tried the NAV on the way back to Weyburn from Swan River and it routed us the same way. From Swan River, down through the norther US and back into Saskatchewan to Weyburn, another 800 km trip.

I contacted NAVTEQ but have not heard anything back, of course it is Christmas and they are all probably away for the holidays. I have a Garmin Legend and if I use it for routing it is right on the money and all the maps for it come from NAVTEQ. According to the NAVTEQ website the maps on this RHR until are up to date and there is an updated expected in the spring of 2012. Then it will cost me more money to update a system that doesn't work.

This really sucks, the only this I found that sucks about this brand new truck.