Vehicle: 2012 Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
E.J. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud67 View Post
I thought this NAV system in my 2012 is a Garmin based unit but I am not sure since it tells me there may be updates available through Navteq. Checked the website for Navteq and according to them the unit is up-to-date and there is an expected update in the spring of 2012. I am going to be talking to the dealer on Friday because this just isn't right. I want things that work correctly in the truck not have to continue to use my Garmin Legend sitting on the dash. My fight has just begun with Navteq, Garmin and Chrysler.

Go get em spud. I think the 430 is the radio that comes with the garmin nav and the 730 uses the navteq. I hear the garmin is more user friendly but the navteq is a little more detailed.

Before you go ape shit on these guys, just make sure you have all the optimal options checked/unchecked. Shortest route, avoid highways.....etc. I am in no way familiar with the 730 navteq, but im sure that there are a ton of settings to mess with, and you may have already tried. Good luck.