Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
Toyz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettis View Post
Just looked that up on Wikipedia, never heard of it before. By the sounds of it you'd be what my service calls an Auxiliary Officer. I find the mix of fire and police interesting seeing as in most cities they tend not to get along.
Ya, Fire police are most certainly not everywhere. We have a lot of townships in PA that do not have their own police departments and are overseen by the State Police. Fire police do not really have any real police powers with exception to traffic and crowd control on an accident scene. We can not arrest or detain above and beyond a normal citizen. But if you disobey or harm a sworn fire police officer, it is the same punishment as if you had done it to a State trooper. Fire Police must be a fire department member, governed under the Fire chief, sworn in by the Township (and usually pay for our gear) and assist both the fire department and police departments within our township and mutual-aid townships. And yes, there is not much love between the fire fighters and the fire police. I could go on and on.... Thanks for taking the time to inquire!