Old 12-28-2011, 11:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Spud67 is on a distinguished road

Looks like the 730N uses an Enhanced GPS System and it looks like it is from Navteq. Sounds like you are right the Garmin was in the 430N. Just like most companies when they find a good thing, change it.

I have tried shortest route, fastest time, all options set correctly and still the routing is a way off. Even on the website for Navteq if I enter a route from Weyburn, SK to Swan River, MB it routes me 800 kms but at least not into the US. The trip is actually 500 kms but the route on Navteq appears to only take the real major roads in this area like the Trans Canada #1 and highway 10 north in Manitoba. There are many good highways on a more direct route that we always travel. They appear in the maps on the unit but the system just will not select those roads and route us the REAL shortest or fastest.

I will be at the dealership on Firday and looking for some answers. I am waiting a reply from Navteq and Garmin. I will give them a little time since I started this rant while they are all probably off enjoying the Christmas season and the New Year.

Thanks for letting me vent of here everyone.

Have a safe happy New Year and I will keep you posted on what I find out.