Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Spud67 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyjohnson11 View Post
I have a 2012 with the 730 and it seems to be really good. It recalculated my route due to a traffic jam in nashville due to satellite radio traffic feature. Is there something specific you dont like about it, or does something not work that should?
As I mentioned in my original post, this system routed me 800 kms on a normal 500 km route I have taken many, many times. I tried the system when I bought the truck and on a trip 500 kms north east of where I live it routed me 300 extra kms south east in the US and back into Canada. Of course I never traveled the way this system routed me but it should at least be more accurate than that.

I have a Garmin Legend handheld GPS and it routes 1000 time better and very accurate. We pay an extreme amount of money for new vehicles and at least you would think these new systems would work really well.

Maybe the maps loaded in these things are mor up-to-date for the US road system and the companies still think we live in igloos, drive snow machines all year long and there are only a few major roads in Canada. Here in Saskatchewan we have the most miles of road compared to any other province in Canada. They are not all great but we have the most. LOL