Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Crew
Trim Level: Laramine
Color: Grey
Rep:10
CoaXiL is on a distinguished road
Default Stereo Upgrade

Hey folks,

After reading this forum I was pumped to upgrade my stock system with something a little better. After further reading and the challenges that some have had with the wiring harness, and concerns of the sound quality using the AudioControl's LC8i or something similar. I have decided to change course a little bit. I was almost going to follow these instructions word for word, but have changed my mind. Let me know your thoughts.

I am thinking of doing the following:

Keep existing Factory Head unit, and abandon all factory speakers excluding the Sub for now. I'm going to have the local car audio installers run all new wires to the front,rear doors, and sub. Keep the existing speakers in the dash, but not use them. This will allow me to put back the factory stereo when I sell the truck

I have purchased a Audison Bit One Sound processor to integrate to the factory head unit. I have also purchased the Alpine PDX5 amp. The plan is to run the front and rear doors off the 4chanls and use the 5th for the Sub. I was hoping to leave the factory sub stock for now until my bank account says I can upgrade it. Even then I would just like to replace the sub, and keep the housing stock, but add some reinforcement like sound Matt or something to stop it from rattling around.

I am now looking to purchase the door speakers and looking for suggestions.

Currently looking at Boston Acoustics SR60 6.5 for both the front and back. With the plan to mount the tweeter in the front door pillar, and not really sure where on the back door. The local car audio place will make custom spacers mounting brackets from MDF to make the speakers fit. I don't plan on adding any other sound Matt

Or Focal Polyglass 130Vr for the front, and then something cheaper for the back, which Im not sure of what.

Down the road I would like to upgrade sub to a 8" Focal 21v2.

Any suggestions on speakers? Or other install tips would be appreciated. and or am I crazy for abandoning the front speakers in the Dash

Thanks