View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:12
CamoBoy34 is on a distinguished road
Default Need help fast!!

i have an 05 4.7L i just replaced both head gaskets on it and when i put it all back together in ran fine. it started right up the first couple turns and idled just fine and it reved through the rpms fine too. as i went to go drive it i didnt get a 1/2 mile from the farm and it wouldnt go above 2000 rpms and then it just died. it would crank but it wont start. we pulled it back and i looked on my programmer and it said i had a crankshaft position sensor code and a camshaft position code. i changed the crankshaft sensor with no luck. i cleared the codes and now they wont come back it is just saying that i have an EGR code but i had that before and it run just fine. after trying to start it over and over i have found out that if i hold the gas pedal to the floor it will spit and sputter but ONLY on cylinders 2-4-6-8 it wont fire on the left side of the motor. i know this from my programmer i have a page that counts the missfires on each cylinder and the left side wont fire. i have already pulled the valve covers and the cams are still timed right it didnt jump timing. i am also getting fuel to the motor so that isnt a problem. i have just run out of ideas and i need this truck ASAP if you know what i could do to pin point the problem id appriciate it or know of anything else i could do

thanks
Sponsored links