Thread: turbo charger
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 99 4x qc150. 95.250 4x 5.9 gas
Trim Level: sport 150, slt 2500
Color: bl or gy
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
slimjim is on a distinguished road

Welcome to Ramforumz davidcarr87. Don't let the nay-sayers kill your buzz! I think your on to something. The blue oval guys just did it to their F-150. I have a few thoughts for you to consider on your turbo 3.9. Look around small airports in your area and/or web sites with small piston aircraft. For safety reasons aircraft parts must be changed at what would be considered 50,000 miles if it were a car. As you can imagine, they must be meticulessly maintained. Every nut, bolt, plug gap or adjustment must be entered into their log books in the event of the inevitable. Semi annual and major annual inspections are required. I have never found dirty oil in the waste oil drums for what that's worth. Turbos in in your case, in perfect, usable condition for us ground dwellers become obsolete (timed out) and can be bought reasonably. If your gonna rebuild your 3.9 I'd guess 318/5.2 H beam rods & pistons should work. You will need bigger injector(s) for the added air you'll be pushing. I'd guess you could run 3-5 psi boost on a stock motor with injectors and a second fuel pump. Some headers and a 2 into 1 exhaust feeding a smaller turbo so it winds up quickly and gets you into boost sooner. I would guess 300/300 H.P/torque wouldn't be hard to obtain in stock forum on pump gas. Your well aware of the walls and hills in front of you and willing to make the trip. I'd like to follow along. Good Luck and keep us all in the loop!