View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

OK, i am back

I went to my dealership & asked them about an alarm, they told me that they have a sub contractor that puts alarms in, they sent me across the road to a shade type tent thing, they had called him & had authorized the install, i had to pay the dealership.
That sub contractor only works for Chrysler/Dodge. At the FORD dealership, they have the same thing, same type shade tent & he only works for that dealership.

This is what the guy installed, looks ugly, but works & has a sensitivity ajustment
It is the GREEN thing screwed into my dash, click on the picture to enlarge the photo

http://imageshack.us/f/22/dodgealarmsystemblinkin.jpg/

I asked the guy about the system, it just enhances the system that is already in the Ram
Then i sort of quizzed him, it seems there are 2 types that he could have installed
The GREEN one is considered the Luxury model
The BLUE one is considered the lesser of the 2

I could not see either the red light in the EVIC or the Green light on the lower dash, so i know that people with sticky fingers could NOT see it either

I wanted something that lit up the cab at night, so i went to a regular alarm shop & had them install a BLUE flashing LED in my dash, it is tied into the alarm system. It lights up the whole cab when set to on
You can see it on the panel for the 115VAC plug
http://imageshack.us/f/294/dscf0340.jpg/

I suggest that IF you use a Smart Phone, buy a VIPER, CLIFFORD, or PYTHON alarm system, use the smart phone to set the alarm
The cost will be about the same as the one that i have
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 01-06-2012 at 07:47 PM.