View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 club
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Electric Blue
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:210
sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

Good news/Bad news...
Found a local mechanic (Certified ASE) that does work out of his fully equipted garage on the sides when off from the dealership. He will replace the steering gear for me at $60- I supply the part, cool..... Now the bad. He wont touch the Autozone box since he warantees his work. He says the Autozone box comes with only a 90 day waranty and they usually crap out after 6 months, so unless I want to keep replacing it he said its up to me, so I took the Autozone box back ( I usually dont buy major parts from autozone anyways...but it was $164 + $81 core..cheap )
Oreillys didnt have any in stock so I went to Napa and CarQuest...get this $197 part + $212 core and $220 part + 218 core...geeze freezin gizmo.....some BS going on there for a damn core, dont you think anyone who pays more than $50 core is gonna go get that $50 back...why so damn high on a core...... Im gonna drive by the scrap yard up here and see if theres one laying around ( I dont care what it comes off of....its just freaking crazy $200+ for a core. I know i get the money back but it takes all I have and cant pay the guy the $60 just to do the labor aint that some shiz. Im gonna check around online as some of the members mentioned and see about those free shipping and cheaper discounts. Oh well soon.