Old 01-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: BetterThanYours
Trim Level: TheBest
Color: TheBest
Rep:44
TarisKellog is on a distinguished road

Hi Sean,
I purchased all the film on ebay from a vendor called Clear Defender. I highly recommend them as they have great customer service and good pricing. I initially made an offer on the deluxe front protection. It was listed for $249 and I offered $204.95. I also added in my offer that I wanted to purchase the headlight kit and bulk film for the tailgate and sides. They accepted my $204.95 offer for the front, sold the headlight kit for $50 (listed for $56) and the bulk pieces were $113.36 for both sides - each measuring 18" x 108", and the tailgate was $99.41 measuring 24" x 72". They gave me free shipping, too, and included the yellow tool. http://myworld.ebay.com/cleardefende...id=p4340.l2559

Is it invisible.....yes and no. You totally cannot see it from about 6-8 ft away, but if you are standing right next to the truck you can see it. You can see the line where the film ends, but it's not unattractive. Also, I've noticed some bubbles that I didn't quite smooth out good enough. Again, from about 6-8 ft away you can't even see the bubbles, but you can see them if you're right next to the vehicle. I'll see if I can get some pictures that will show the lines and bubbles. I'm also going to try to see if I can smooth out the bubbles when the weather gets in the 70's.

Did I fold the ends around the lips of panels....yes and no. On an area such as the doors where the door ended I cut the film to about 1/8" from where the door ended. But, where the body of the truck curved (like the end of the cab) I cut the film a little longer and tucked it in. It would be extremely difficult if you wanted to wrap the film around the edge of the door. Maybe a professional installed could do that. I had trouble with a couple of areas where there were multiple curves.

When I purchased the film they said that it could easily be removed without damaging the paint. I can say that when I would have to take a piece off to re-adjust it seemed like it was stuck really well. I was a bit worried that paint might come off, but I peeled it off slowly and it came off no problem. I don't know of any issues with it leaving a line if you take it off.

I will see if I can get some pics that will show the lines that way you can see how the pieces are cut and placed, and get a better feel of how it will look. I am more comfortable with seeing the film line than seeing chips/scratches.