Old 01-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Sport Crew
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Hunter Green Pearl Coat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
GREENCREWSPORT11 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the complements, glad you like the pics. i will post better ones to show the graphics better ( poor lighting on phone camera.) When I had decided on a new truck, I was thinking white or gray until this green truck started calling my name. It is often mistaken for black.
Now to the hijack part of the thread-- I believe the "Ram" shifter I have is from an 1986 Bighorn. After removing the factory attachment on the bottom of the ' shifter', I filled the body of the 'shifter' with a concrete patch material that could be drilled out later (the 'shifter' has hollow areas in it.) The factory shift knob was simple to remove once I stopped twisting on it assuming it was threaded. The chrome trim on the bottom of it slides/pops straight down and then the whole knob lifts off the shaft. Then it was a matter of lining up/marking the angle i wanted the new 'shifter' to sit at. It was drilled out ( being careful not to drill thru the top of the head.) The new 'shifter knob' then slides down on the existing shaft. The bottom of the shifter looked like crap ( not designed to be exposed) i found a small piece of black leather and stitched up a boot for it. Sorry I didn't think to take pics while I was doing it. It is only friction fit on the shaft and I have the option to face it forward or back (as in the pic) It was kind of nice to hear I may have been the first to do this mod.