Old 01-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
ixladxi is on a distinguished road

Yea I didn't think it had anything to do with the exhaust either but I thought I would mention it since it happened 15 minutes after I put it on and like 2 weeks after I changed the headlights/fog lights. I think it was probably a relay stuck closed. But pulling the negative fixed it either way. Just thought I would post it in case someone had a similar issue with their wipers so that they could at least try it.

The DODM80... it's loud. You don't really get a good idea from the videos. It would have been nice to hear the difference between the dod14m and dodm80 in person, but when I was buying it I decided I'd rather have it be a little louder than I wanted than being disappointed it wasn't loud enough. Plus it was like 30 bucks cheaper.

I didn't like it the first night I put it on bc I felt like it was too loud driving around town, and was actually scared I might get pulled over for it. But now I just give it less gas or manually drop gears when I'm accelerating and I want to be quite.

The eco mode can be a little annoying on long highway uphills even with the radio on with the volume at 25 but it's not terrible and really it just sounds like more bass. But aside from that, if your just cruising you can't even tell its there. It does sound like a monster though when you get on it in first or when you manually down shift into coming to a stop. It is growing on me and overall I'm really happy with it and have stopped wondering if I should have went with the DOD14M instead.

The install was pretty painless minus some minor issues like not having a 15mm deep socket (I had to get one to get the bolt on the passenger side rear.) Also me being 140lbs hanging on the closed wrench under the truck trying to breakfree the two rear bolts. But really it was pretty easy and I did the whole thing by myself in about an hour, not counting the trip to Home Depot.