View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Still smarter'n a redneck

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1734
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III
Default Annoying Steering Column

As luck would have it...when I parked my truck tonight, I happened to hit the (un)sweet spot.

I've narrowed it down a little but can't find an exploded view. Actually I narrowed it down a lot.

There has to be a bearing that I can't see behind the knee bolster. It feels like it's about 6 inches from the wheel itself.

If I hold the wheel and put my hand on the outer cover (metal) of the column I can feel it higher than my left hand and lower than my right hand that's on the wheel.

Therefore: there has to be a bearing there to keep it centered in the shaft housing (holes in it that I can see the inside moving).

Okay I found it, now you get to tell me what it's called and where I can get one.

TAG! you're it!

DISCLAIMER
If you are offended easily don't click on my screen name