View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
well i blew my 4.7 in my 03 and i found an engine from an 08 so , my question is what modifcations do i need to do to make this engine run proper??? please help!!! and does the tranny bolt up!! its an automatic
Pre 2008 and post 2008 4.7L engines are almost totally different. The pcm is different as well. You would need the whole engine along with intake and exhaust manifolds, throttle body(later models were electronic TB, not manual), the pcm, and the wiring harness(later models had 2 plugs per cylinder). It should physically bolt to your transmission assuming you have either a 45rfe or 545rfe. I would guess(but am not positive) that the pcm will be compatible with the trans. I am also unsure of how the later pcm would(if at all) communicate with your dash gauges, fuel pump and sending unit, etc...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.