View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Licensed thread jacker

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1711
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

I see multiple problems here.

If you run a wire from the stoplight switch then you're not taking into consideration the turn signals. They probably won't work and will have feedback to the front parking lights as if the emergency flashers are on.

I would THINK that you ran the wire to the ground on the brake lights and that's why they won't work with the headlights on.

Try finding the DOT 3 flasher fuse (turn signals) and see what wires are powered, but again, that would also control the front turn signals.

If you're in a pinch, I'd run a dedicated wire and mount two single filament bulbs/lights to the back of the truck for brake lights until you get it figured out. Directly from the stoplight switch and start tracing wires in the meantime. At least you can legally drive the truck.

Are there trailer wires hooked up to the truck??? There might be a problem with them causing everything you've described.