View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 10:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

A few more minor updates this weekend. We (a friend and I) FINALLY started working on the ram air setup, it's going to take a LONG time to get it all done right and instaled, but it will be worth it. We came up with a really slick setup, so just is going to take some time to get it all together. While we were at it we replaced my cracked fan shroud and while we were at that we removed the clutch fan. Removing the fan took about 15 seconds and I can honestly say my mpg has improved. Mainly the city mpg is noticeably higher (from the EVIC), hwy seems very slightly higher. Acceleration seems about the same according to the butt dyno, but I can say I notice at very very light partial throttle it seems like it responds better. I used the superchips to adjust the electric fan setting to turn on at a lower temperature since I now don't have the mechanical fan. The electric fan seems to draw plenty of air through the grill, and isn't even needed while moving as the truck doesn't get hot enough to turn it on. It only comes on when sitting still for about 3 minutes or so and seems to cool off just fine when running.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.