View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 09:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

I would be glad to help you out, I need an email to send the file to and I'm sure that you don't want to post your personal email on the forum (I'm not saying anything would happen from the fine member that we have here but...) If you want to set up an email just for this and then shut it down after we get you taken care of that would be ok.

Well let's try this instead. ( I am new with this stuff and hope this works.) I just loaded it on Mediafire.
******NOTE to anyone that also decides to use this file. This particular file is for vehicles with High Speed CAN BUS, which is most of the vehicles, including the Ram.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qzfm7w...m/uconnect.upd

fingers are crossed.

Here's the Uconnect update and instructions:
Download it to a thumb drive that has no other files on it. If you have files on it, please delete them and format the drive (to FAT32) just to make sure that it is completely clean.
Turn the radio on, Place the thumb drive in the center console USB connector (on vehicles with the dealer installed unit, it should be in the glove box), press and hold the Uconnect button for about 12 - 15 seconds, you should here "update started". This process should take about 15 - 20 minutes, there will be some beeps during the process. Please listen during the update for any error message that may be said by Uconnect. When the update is completed, the radio screen will go back to a radio display. Now plug in your iPhone or iPod and let it be read by Uconnect, does it start playing after being read? Let me know how this works out for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11RamSport35 View Post
XSDBS,
I am brand spankin new on here so I can not PM yet. Can you please PM me the Uconnect update. I have a 2011 Ram 1500 Sport with the RHB radio. I did update Sirus Travel link via a disk they sent me. I called dodge today and they said they know nothing about a uconnect update. I think Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler have a lot of getting together to do not only with themselves but with Sirus and Uconnect. I can tell that they are far from on the right page with each other.
Thank You in Advance
RJ