Old 01-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Crew
Trim Level: Sport Premium
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
lefty33 is on a distinguished road

Great write up! I did the exact same upgrade in my 2010 Sport CC...from RES to RHR. Instructions are virtually the same as what I did. Wish this write up would have been around when I did mine...mainly the 11/16 washer as the new antenna mounting/tightening gave me some grief. The biggest job in my opinion when doing this upgrade is pulling the dash & console apart to access the radio.

It's amazing at how "plug & play" this upgrade is...and how integrated it is already regardless that the original truck did not come with it. For instance...in the nav mode, I get turn-by-turn directions show up in the EVIC...same as on the unit itself. Sirius & HDD work great with all info (artist, song title, album, etc) shows up. Also was able to sync my blackberry quite easily. One word of advice here...make sure you disconnect the uconnect module behind the glove box as "astroman54" has noted. Otherwise you will have issues as the built-in one in the RHR & this original remote module will conflict with each other.

Some say that after the install, the truck needs to be "star scanned" by the dealer in order for it to work. Not so...mine worked perfectly as soon as the install was complete...just had to move over my Sirius subscription.