Ok, I sent an email to a contact @ Chrysler about this and here's his reply:
I have a iPhone 4, sw 5.0.1 that plays through the USB, both in the radio and the center console. Perform the following:
1. Connect the iphone into the usb port.
2. Select the music icon on the iphone.
3. The “Accessory Connected” screen comes up.
4. Select “Uconnect” at the bottom of the screen.
5. Select “Dock Connector”
6. Iphone will begin playing from the USB connection.
Also you can see the "dock connector" in the picture below. Hope this helps
Originally Posted by customstar00
Do any of these work for the RHR 730? I have my 2012 (just picked up on the weekend) and my iphone 4 will not connect via the USB port. Bluetooth works fine streaming music, phone calls ect but it will not connect via USB. It shows it is there in the aux menu, but wont do anything. Iphone just shows "accessory connected" screen