Old 01-28-2012, 01:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 95 & 98 1500 Ram 4x4s
Trim Level: SLT & Sport
Color: 1 Blk,1 Red
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:36
Screamintrashcan is on a distinguished road

Removing the antifeedback ball check will not affect driveability whatsoever, unless it sits undriven for weeks on end, initial startup and driveaway will be affected for seconds. To cure the delay if it bothered you would simply be a matter of sticking it in neutral for a moment upon startup, to allow the pump to move the fluid around, I haven't had any problems with simply driving away gently, Probably not one of the smartest things you can do, but it hasn't caused any grief, after many years of this. My longterm experience, approx. 3ook miles, on my two, has been overall good. I am not nice to my vehicles, either, seldom do they move without a 7 or 8k trailer, hauling anything from cattle to tractors,however, I try and do all the necessary tricks that the factory SHOULD have done for longetivity. They have me beat on the bodies, tho, I have recently started to notice that the bodies have terminal cancer. By this time, next year, I shall have something that the bodies arent sick, on. The body on yours sure looks nice, mine looking that way is a distant memory. tops of wheel wells are toast, as are rockers and door bottoms. If you are putting together a critical parts list, let me know, I'll fix you up with what its been my experience you may need to stay rolling.