Old 01-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 4x4 Hemi
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:50
Whiskey26 will become famous soon enough

SO im out in the garage today meesing with the LED's and notice one lil LED on my front pillar. I remebered something. The truck came with an older "Valor" CD/DVD/NAV system with a 7" touch screen monitor. That was cool but wasnt the main selling point and I didn't ask much about it when I bought the truck. The salesman said that there were a couple of dead remotes in the glovebox for it. The stereo hasnt been one of the top priorities for me but I got a suprise today. I found the remotes and there was one that was in two pieces and looked pretty crappy. I cleaned out the corroded battery, glued it back together, popped a new battery in and started pressing buttons.... Low and behold Ive got an alarm with keyless entry and a lil blue led indicator. Cool enough I thought because until then I didnt have keyless entry. I then tried the red button, which I thought would be the panic button, to hear it sound off. It didnt work so I hit it again and the remote beeped at me and my truck CRANKED ITSELF....