Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 2wd Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Silver
Rep:10
P Rod is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramfd View Post
I am planning on dropping my 09 QC with a 2/4 drop kit either the Belltech or McGaughys(not sure of spelling) just going with the basic kits with stock shocks. question is has any body had any wear issues with time i.e. abnormal tire wear or ball joint issues? how hard is it to get the front end alligned with the kits. also any other upgrades or parts that might make one or the other of these kits better?
If I could make a recommendation is to spend the extra money (if buget allows) and get the complete kit with the shorter shocks that are designed for the shorter, stiffer springs. I really think you will be happy you did. If you think about it, stock shocks on a 4" drop meens your shocks will all ready be compressed 4" before you even haul/tow or even hit a bump. From what I have heard Bell-tech and Mc-G both make good kits. I have the GF 2"/3" complete kit on my Crew cab, and love the way it looks/rides. Re alignment no problem, no odd tire wear after over 10k miles on my kit. Good Luck