View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 12:37 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1178
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad12kx View Post
Great Pics Josh.....but whats the Blue truck! It was in half the photos! Was the guy following you or something ?

Driving through the tree looked a bit tense. Not sure I would have attempted it. And that was some pretty serious snow near Crater Lake. Truth be known, we don't get snow like that in my part of Canada, and if we did, we'd never here the end of the complaining about how they used up the entire annual snow clearing budget before they even started clearing it.

Hope your vacation was as good as the pix.
Yeah it wasnt easy, and that damn blue Ram was everywhere. It would stay out of the pix! She's very photogenic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
I'm glad that you took the time to drive through one of the remaining redwoods that they let you drive though, smog was killing the rest of them
When i was up in Oregon several years back, i stopped at the base of the Klamath Falls, mist almost completely hid the road near the gift shop

WHAT ? no pix of the ROAD KILL CAFE?

All the pix were great, glad that you got to make the trip
We didnt make it to the roadkill cafe, a storm forced us away from the coast. 70mph winds and rain, 40+ft surf, it damn near tore the new tonneau cover right off my truck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJet View Post
I was going to say the same thing!!!! LOL

Too bad the weather on the coast didn't cooperate Still gorgeous and I looking at the redwood pics I swear I could smell them! Mt Shasta, I have always been in love with that mountain, since I was a little kid! Crater Lake is amazing, never been there in the winter so your pics are awesome!!!

Thank you TONS for taking the time to post these!! I know it took forever but I personally was thrilled to see your trip!!! Hope it was fun and glad you both are back home safe and sound!!
The weather on the oregon coast was awful, just awful. But Mt Shasta was beautiful, especially in the winter time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftJockey View Post
Great pics. Thanks for sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRileyFactor View Post
Awesome set brother! Good to see you're enjoying your R&R! I'll have to post something similar when I get back from this wonderful vacation destination in the Hindu Kush and make the epic drive from Texas up to Fairbanks, AK!
DEFINATELY take pix of that trip, I have driven it 6x, it never gets old!

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...