View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 03:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know what caused it to come on?

I had mine come on after leaving my radio on for a few hours, then starting the Ram
WITH OUT first turning the key to the OFF position
I was told that doing this can cause the lightning bolt to come on, i drove it for a couple thousand miles after it did

This is taken from another website

Take it to the dealer if it has not cleared when restarted.

7. Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) Light
This light informs you of a problem with the Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) system. The light will come on when the ignition is first turned ON and remain on briefly as a bulb check. If the light does not come on during starting, have the system checked by an authorized dealer.

If a problem is detected, the light will come on while the engine is running. Cycle the ignition key when the vehicle has completely stopped and the shift lever is placed in the PARK position, the light should turn off. If the light remains lit with the engine running, your vehicle will usually be drivable; however, see an authorized dealer for service as soon as possible.

If the light is flashing when the engine is running, immediate service is required and you may experience reduced performance, an elevated/rough idle or engine stall and your vehicle may require towing. For vehicles equipped with a premium cluster this indicator will display in the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC). Refer to ”Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) — If Equipped” in this section for more information. UNDERSTANDING YOUR INSTRUMENT PANEL 219
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle