Originally Posted by wiserocz
I just bought a RHR for my Longhorn that has the base CD player.
I think I got a pretty decent price, and its the right one because it came out of a 2011 Ram.
I imagine the change over from RES to RHR has been done a million times but I do have some questions.
1. Is there an easy to follow guide on swapping?
2. Will I be able to keep my existing Sirrius free radio sub?
3. Do I have to bring it back to the dealer to put it in their database?
4. Do I need to buy any add ons? I heard this radio should not need the GPS antenea?
5. Any advice from people who have done this before?
So far I have found this which helps out a bit
Please keep me posted on how this goes for you. I am planning on doing the identical same thing with my 2012 R/T. I got mine with the RES (130) radio, Sirius, uConnect, and steering wheel controls. I wanted the back up camera and from everyone's recommendation, I'll go with the RHR & back-up camera set-up. Keep me posted on how it goes for you including what all you had to do to get everything working again.