Old 02-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
Kimbermama is on a distinguished road
Default Help! Breaks!!!

Our 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 is actually my husbands. About 2 weeks ago he barley made it home with the front breaks locked up and smoking.
We replaced the master cylinder in November. After the breaks locked up we changed the rotors, calipers and pads. Still we didn't get a full pedal or a quick stop but it worked enough. Later the next week the breaks locked up on me on my way to work. We tried bleeding them to see if maybe there was air in the lines, the breaks refuse to bleed. We took it to a tire service shop, they were confused, kept the truck 3 hours and still didnt know what was wrong.
Everyone we ask says something different: a box, the ABS, collapsed break lines...

We call this truck "the mistress" because it's my husband's baby (i love it and love to drive it just as much as he does). My stupid honda civic has been broken for 2 years so i have had the pleasure of driving the mistress since my husband is a stay at home dad. I miss this truck. Right now I am having to borrow my boss' old Ford... HOW CAN YOU GO FROM DRIVING A HOT DODGE RAM TO A FORD F-150!? I had to totally re-learn to drive!!!! Anyway! I need all the help I can get with this. Has anyone else had this problem with their breaks? The truck is right at 90,000 miles... it's in amazing condition. I miss it so much! Help!
Sponsored links