Old 02-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
SNFLWR is on a distinguished road

My truck was way better at less km. I got roughly 300km/ half a tank. City/hwy driving from 23km till about 4000km, but for I'd say the last 3500km she's getting worse progressivly, regularly averaging 120-150km per 1/2 tank for the last 6 months. Only recently started keeping a log to prove this. That's what I think is odd. Should it not be getting better as the engine breaks in?
Again I'm an ex Jeep wrangler unlimited owner and had the big tires and she was a brick on wheels especially in any form of wind. That being said I expected the truck to be more cost. yes it's a hemi for crying out loud but, it's been as bad as 240km/ a full tank of gas (121L) and that's what's been frustrating.
I took it in to be looked at, they drove her for 15km said she's fine, there was an o2 update they did that, then shrugged me off. When I picked her up I asked if nothing changes what's my next course of action they said bring her back and they would call Chrysler. Thus the reason for my thread I was curious if anyone else has this happening or is this below normal. Great fully I can see its not and I'll take her out again this weekend to see if anything changed but it looks like I'm heading back next week to try and sort this out again.
Again thanks everyone for taking the time to help and any suggestions as to what the problem could be would be greatly appreciated.