View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
I don't want to argue, my point is just that if your going to do it, why not takes 5 seconds to measure it and KNOW that it's shimmed to where it has the proper preload. Rather than try this size shim, then if it's not right try this size, etc...

I also agree that if the lifters are set up properly a high volume oil pump is not necessary. You shouldn't need to supply more oil than is supposed to be required. If you do then either the lifter is bad, not set appropriately, or the oil passage is blocked.
Lol...there you go contradicting yourself again by argueing. First of all, I'm not talking to you, I'm trying to share my opinion with IN2H20 without being chastized by ypu. I can see your point because you have no experience with anything I'm talking about. Lol, if you think the shims are the best way out then why don't you shim you $30k truck to improve yours. I'm sure the majoity would rather install a high volume pump. You keep saying measure it, measure it and I'm not saying not to but that it's not as critical as you make it sound. I'm saying that just because the guy in the vid used the maximum amount of shim possible doesn't mean you have to in this case. He says and in most cases with these engines that no matter how he swaps the lifters around the tapping appears in the same lifter bores. The oil passage may or not be blocked but it appears to be poor oil pressure design to me...something a high volume pump would cure.