View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:310
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

Check for answers in red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlow View Post
Thanks for the info. I think I will definitely try at least my grill. If I think that goes well I will do the bumpers.

I still have quite a few questions.
-Where do you recommend I buy the primer and paint from? Just my local Autozone? You can get everything needed from autozone. I used all Duplicolor products for mine. Just make sure to get an adhesion promoter and an etching primer wouldnt hurt either

-Is a product like this worth looking at? http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=467217_0_0_

You wouldnt need that. It is for bumpers that are flexible not metal ones like our Ram bumpers

-Did you sand by hand or use a sander?

For the initial sanding a sander wouldnt hurt for smoothing i wouldnt do it with anything but my hand for better control. at the end of the day it is your choice though

-Does it matter what color primer I use?

not really if your just going for a "plain" color

-I am wanting a flat black color for it all. If I put clear coats over the flat black will that make it glossy? Do you think it will be durable enough with no clear coats?

They make a matte primer. If you are going for that look it would be worth it to track a few cans of it down so you did have a clear over it. Otherwise you would be doing monthly touch ups

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING