Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
2011SThemi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theweavman View Post
I have installed both a vault into my center console and you can also get a strong cable lock, route it thru one of your seat mounting frames, and if you must leave a gun in your truck, you can lock it to the cable lock, preventing an auto burglar from getting another free gun....I ran mine under the rear seat an into the under seat compartment...out of site, I like the console safe for convience, but for security, both work well
Can you post a pic of the cable lock you use for under your back seats? I've been trying to come up with a solution of how to keep my subs secured in my truck while i'm away at work. I have tried actual locks but can not seem to get one to fit. Did you have to drill any other holes in the mounting frames?

P.S. I hate all of you that are legally allowed to carry haha, stupid Canada. Just so you guys know how lucky you are I have to get a LTATT (long term authorization to transport permit) which allows me to take my restricted firearm (handguns, M16's, basically any black rifle) straight from my house to an approved range or gunsmith in a locked case with a trigger lock on it (double safety). Oh yeah, rifle magizines have to be pinned to 5 rounds as well (with a few exceptions). Sorry to turn it to a gun thread .

Last edited by 2011SThemi; 02-03-2012 at 02:31 PM.