View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Some mods like intake and exhaust will give you a little hp and torque, but I don't think it's going to be night and day for you with a heavy load like that. If you want simple, reliable, and easy results I'd go with a tuner. I prefer superchips (flashpaq), but diablo is another good choice. The superchips has more transmission control, and you can select the tow tune which adds some hp and torque and more importantly adds it at lower rpm's. It also improves the shift schedules, and will hold gears longer when towing. This would probably be the best thing for you, the flashpaq is around $350.00 and if I had to guess it'll add about 10hp and 30lbft max gain at around 4,000 rpm. The gains will vary based on rpm, but you'll gain at all rpm's.

An intake MIGHT give you 5 to 10 hp at the most, and a muffler swap MIGHT give you 5-10 hp at the most. A tuner will definitely give you the increases, plus there are multiple tunes (performance, mpg, etc...) and other things like ability to adjust speedo for gearing and tires, and many other things. Keep in mind you need to run premium fuel with the tow and performance tunes.

The only other thing I would suggest is that if your rear axle ratio is 3.55, to change it to 3.92 or 4.10, but that'd probably cost you anywhere from $500-$1500.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.