View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I don't know much about the airbag sensors, but I thought they were accelerometers, so if they were in one spot or a few inches or a foot over, it should operate the same basically assuming a dead head on collision. Obviously there could be a million situations in an accident that placement could mess with things, but anyway I do understand your concern for not messing with it. I was nervous enough just disconnecting it (I unhooked the batter first). Do you know, are they accelerometers? I am making a part that passes through the area of the radiator support where the harness is, there's not really another route I can take, and the harness doesn't have enough slack to push out of the way. Do you have any ideas of how I could make a harness extension?

Surely they make the harness connectors, but if I understand you correctly they don't sell them?

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.