Thread: Tips?
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 01 ram 2500
Trim Level: laramie slt
Color: black
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:13
eryk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckertrucker View Post
Well 400hp First rob a bank you are looking at some serious green! Start with some good headers, exhaust, larger TB, Cam, Roller rockers, Port polish the heads, Cai, SCT Tuner, Hughes airgap intake, or mopar performance m1, I am sure someone else will give opinions. Or check out Hughes Engine web site, They have a kit for the topend comes with , Heads, Intake, Timing chain and gears, Roller rockers, cam shaft, That is $2900.00 and you still have to buy the TB another $250. I have about $800 invested in mine just for headers, exhaust, and CAI. I dont know what else to tell you, hopefully someone else will help. Good Luck.
haha yeah your not the first person to say that to me, but i design and uild websites on the side and thats pretty lucrative along with my other job, i wouldnt be able to do it all at once but eventually and as long as its close to 400 i would be happy Any suggestions for headers? I was looking at a pair of Hedman Street Headers, but i dont know. I currently have a straight pipe exhaust but im looking to do dual straight pipes and maybe flowmaster 40 muffler so its legal. As for cai, i see everyone with a k&n are they any good?I was also looking at a Holley High-Flow EFI Throttle Body, but would it actually be a gain? and i guess my last question is, someone had told me to go with e3 spark plugs, is that true? again i really appreciate the help -eryk