Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
Trim Level: ST
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Blackthunder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigralphy View Post
I have the same issue on mine. It has 16k kilometers. My dealer said "we dont know what it is but you have lots of warranty left so we will let it get worse before trying to fix it." Best service answer I have ever received...not. Ill probably get stranded in the middle of nowhere when whatever it is goes. I think it may be the torque converter but it sure sounds like valve train. I am not very impressed with my truck thus far. I have the torque converter grinding issue, have had rear bumper and sidesteps replaced for rusting and peeling. RAM TOUGH baby....LOL.
BTW, I did have the torque converter replaced on mine already, so not really sure if that is the culprit.

I remember on one of my past Rams, my '95 or '99, can't remember which, I had a TSB done on the transmission for a noise when cold. They replaced, I believe, a "spool shaft" in the valve body that was supposed to fix the noise. It never did. Again, in that case as well, the noise was only limited to cold temps and would quiet down after I got half way down the block.

Not too worried about it because it isn't constant. If it were, I'd be really upset.

I do share some of your thoughts on the quality of these trucks. I'm not looking to dump mine, as it does what I bought it to do and I do like the truck. I just would not buy another one. I've had a new '95, '99 and 2003 Ram and those trucks just seemed higher on the quality scale. Just my opinion.