View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

Sorry that I am just seeing this post, I've been out of town for work and just plain tied up. Ok, so lets see if I can help:
1) The update can't be done from a disc, the radio doesn't support an update to the Uconnect module.
2) Your truck is a 2011, what radio do you have? see the lower right hand corner fo the radio faceplate, there will be a 3 digit code. When you performed the update did you listen to the beeps all the way thru? Did you interrupt the flow at all and was the battery fully charged?
3) Have you tried to reboot the system by disconnecting the battery for about 5 - 10 minutes then hooking it back up?
4) There is nothing in the update flash that could harm the system. I have only seen an issue where the flow has been interrupted.
Let's start here and see where it gets us, ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
The radio still works, and I was able to do the satellite update after this. The only issue I am having is the glove box usb doesn't work (won't even power on a usb stick or ipod), and the uconnect buttons don't respond to anything. The radio works other than this (I can use satellite radio, cd's, and the hard drive). Without the use of those buttons, and the usb in the glove box, I am unable to update uconnect.