View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

LOL

Yeah IMO synthetic in an air cooled motorcycle is pretty much a must if you want it to last a long time. The amsoil 20w50 I use in my buell breaks down at about 2,000-3,000 miles, because the engine runs so hot. My brother uses royal purple in his sporty, and I originally was using it as well in my buell, but with the royal purple it felt like the clutch was slipping more for some reason (the harley engine has separate fluids for trans and engine).

I also put whatever leftover synthetics I have in my small equipment engines. Like if I have half a qt of oil left from my truck I'll save it for the lawnmower, etc...

I think you'll find that if you choose wisely the synthetic oil for your application it will end up cheaper in the long run. I buy my oil (at cost) for under $4.50/qt and that's basically the same price as conventional... Even if you paid full price it's probably under $6/qt.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.