Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:43
5280RAM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyWV View Post
If you have your sticker you can look and it will tell you what gears you have. The MDS is the engine going down to 4 cylinders when not pulling hard.

Death wobble is caused by driveshaft angle too great. Bilsteins and Level kits are equal culprits. Good thing about Bilsteins is they are adjustable. If you really think about the difference as far as driveline angle. 2 inches is 2 inches. Bilsteins put the two inches on the bottom of spring(move perch and make more shock body stick out under perch) and level kits put it on the top(move entire assembly down two inches with spacer). The strut seat to lower control arm bolt attachment is the same measurement with either so there is no difference as they will try and explain on the site. I just thought it would be worth going Bilstein instead of spacer as I like tad more progressive compression curve of aftermarket shocks and the can be used later with a lift if you decide to change it
Ahhh...maybe its best that I just save for the lift.

The sticker I have says:

2012 Ram 1500 SLT CREW CAB 4x4
Trans: 6-speed Automatic 65RFE
Electronic Shift on the Fly Part Time Transfer Case

Nothing about gearing...but I got the contact page in my bookmarks to get the build sheet.