View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Thinks sheep are stupid

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1734
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III
Default In memory of 2011 assault 800

Now that Assault is gone off to a far, far better place. (For 11 days, thanks for the warning)

I feel that we should all share a story of him to honor his memory, or just say something, even if it's only a couple words. Here's what I have to say:

My fondest memory is of the first time I met him. It was a warm summers day and the runners on his skis were sending off showers of sparks in the supermarket parking lot.

As I was approaching my truck, I was going over my receipt with my arms full of bags of groceries. I was in a hurry and not paying much attention to what I was doing, or where I was going.

Quick as a flash though, Assault noticed what was happening. Unknown to me an elderly woman of perhaps 85 was approaching me at a blinding speed of about 8 mph.

Fast on his feet, he knew exactly what to do. Without regard for himself he sprinted into action, with only a thought of helping a wayward stranger. He had taken a long drink of his beverage and was unable to yell out the alarm to me, but that didn't slow him down. His mind was made up.

As he approached me, arms flailing, and knowing the moment of impact was near, he bounded towards the shopping cart corral, took command of the nearest one, pushing it ahead of him. As he neared me he mustered every ounce of strength he could. Raising the shopping cart above his head and having it come crashing down into the old woman's windshield. Stopping her in her tracks.

I don't believe I have ever witnessed such a random act of kindness neither before, nor since. If not my life, I owe the healing of a particularly nasty bruise to his courage.

Thank you Assault.

DISCLAIMER
If you are offended easily don't click on my screen name

Last edited by Warlock III; 02-13-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Sponsored links