View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms Blue Ram 1500 View Post
That was old technology and myth . The dealer ship will tell you otherwise I'm sure . But as long as you have the ability to perform a oil analysis and prove to them the oil's still good , there's nothing they can do about it . I wonder how many mechanics in their shop use a pure synthetic like Amsoil . And besides , what they don't know won't hurt them .
tom, new engines, new metals, closer tolerances due to better machining have certainly played a role in replacing old tech. as for the myth part, can't agree. there was a time when you couldn't go too much past 3000 miles due to oil breakdown. a long with the new tech, came such an improvement in oils, it might be safe to say that the new dino oils are as good as the synthetics from 20 plus years ago. along with the new tech, and better oils, engines have increased oil capacity which also plays a role in the longer oci. 350 engines in the seventies only held four quarts. not saying you can't do the extended amsoil thing, but its not for me. also, chrysler doesn't have to prove anything, they just ask to see your receipts from your oil changes.