View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 02:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:355
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

What a morning. I took my truck to have the Bilsteins installed and took them inside to make sure the tech was familiar with the circlip and collar mechanism. The guy says "Oh, your truck has a coilover front suspension?"

"Ummm yeah, all 2006-up Dodge Ram 1500s do."

"Oh, well I didn't price for that. It's going to be a few extra hours and cost a little more."

"Greeeeeaaattttttt."

Then it got even better. After I had left the tech calls me and says he needs the key to my locking lugnuts. "My truck doesn't have locking lugnuts" I say. My turn to be the fool because actually, yes, it does. As close as I have been to my wheels (I have washed the lugnuts and inside the little well where they sit inside the rim several times) I never noticed that one of them is the slightest bit different...because it's actually a plastic cover rather than a chrome lugnut. And the best part of that? I distinctly remember throwing the key away some time last summer while cleaning my truck. I assumed that it had once had locking lugnuts and someone had replaced them....so why would I need the key?

Well they put the back ones on while they had it but that was all they could do. I spent 2-3 hours calling tire places and dealerships trying to figure out the best way to get the locking lugs off and still don't know for sure what I am going to do. My first thought was to just find a similar model truck and borrow the wrench but after a little research I have determined that it is not at all going to be that simple.

Sorry, needed to vent a little. Will update when available.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.

Last edited by starquestbd22; 02-15-2012 at 02:24 AM.