View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

^lol funny picture.

It's about 4 hours or so from west palm beach. It's in Orlando. I appreciate the tips. I'm not sure if you have any experience with rental properties but we've always had some and no matter what they get destroyed. Most renters just don't give a F about other people's property. It's useless to go after someone as well because 9 times out of 10 they don't have a penny to their name and all you do is waste your own time and money pursuing it. It's cheaper/easier to just fix what damage they did and move on to the next renter. We've probably only had 2 "good" renters. They were both elderly women.

Usually what happens is once they decide they are moving out they make a late rent payment, then they don't make the next month's payment, then you can't get a hold of them, then when you do get a hold of them there's some excuse like "I sent it, must be lost in the mail", then about two weeks later they have disappeared and your place is trashed...

Unfortunately the laws are GREATLY in the renter's favor, you can't do anything basically. Most items fall under "wear and tear" also, unless it is clear damage, but then like I said it's a waste to go after them. Every time we get a late payment we know what's coming, but there's not really anything you can do to stop it. Basically all you can do is charge a late fee.

EDIT: Oh, my point was I don't believe renting is an option for them, they don't want to deal with the issues and problems that come with it, especially on their house that they just redid. And I know for a fact no renter would sign up to take care of their entire property. Well, that's not true, what I should say is I know for a fact no renter would actually take care of their entire property....they'd probably sign up for it though lol.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.

Last edited by snrusnak; 02-17-2012 at 09:10 AM.