Thread: 5.9 to 5.2
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 03:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1998 dodge ram
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
700kkm98ram is on a distinguished road

thanks for the help and the welcome guys, yea i think i will stay with the 360, the low end torque is what lets it go up hills nicely on the highway without downshifting, and i live in a mountainous area
im normally a chevy guy, but have always been open for dodges, as long as it isnt a ford. i bought my current truck cheap for 800 with 650k on the clock and no oil pressure at idle, so i did a major tune up on the spot and drove it 500km home. right away i replaced the oil pump and it has a death knock on light throttle at 2500 rpm and up, but i limped another 50k km onto it, so that really says something huh?
with the new engine, i plan to put electric fans in it, k&n filter and a 1 into 2 chambered exh @ 3" into 2.5" maybe headers and a chip or programer down the road, can anyone who has done similar improvements tell me what i could gain milage and power wise?, i hope im not not asking for a lot, i have nothing to reference to only thing being an abortion my friend has, a gutless 5.9 with 5.2 heads and a chip and a 318 computer, i dont know why the mechanic talked him into it but it is sad, and chugs back premium, i dont want this, lol i want mine to be better planned.
i have built small block chevys to make serious power before, so im not new to a set of wrenches, just dodges thanks for any help