View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 12:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpepin1905 View Post
Hello anyone know about my dodge ram 2500 v10 gas engine with 45000 miles?
I have owned it for Six years and love it. However while driving on highway had sudden loss of power. Drove it home and found both cat converters melted. I replaced both but found cause of problem. Problem is two cylinders low compression and dumping fuel into cats. I was wondering if any knows if this engine is a non-interferance engine. Seems to me like the exhaust valves are stuck open. It does not sound like pistons hit valves. And A local Dodge dealer told me i need a new engine.
Dealerships are full of idiot's they aren't mechanics they're morons. Sure maybe their is one or two that actually can turn a wrench but they don't give a crap. You don't need a new engine, if an exhaust valve is stuck open just remove the valve covers and find the sticking valve, probably a spring broke, either way you can pressurize the chamber and replace the spring or do what you need to do, better yet you can just remove the heads have them rebuilt and then slap them back on with new bolts, gaskets. And done deal!

They like anyone else is going to say you need a new engine, charge you probably 5 grand when the problem is a spring that cost 7 dollars!