Old 02-21-2012, 01:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T Package
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
22Dasher is on a distinguished road

DOS is used to rewrite the code but in order to hack the code I had to use a program called Cyangenmod, I pulled all the software from the PCM onto the laptop where as the progrom broke the encryption and transfered into DOS and rewrote my own program. Saved both files and then sent back thru Cyangenmod so it then enycrypted the rewritten program and installed back into the PCM.

Now that I have the saved original file I'm going to play around with it in Excell and see if by any chance I can rewrite the codes there. If this can happen then it makes life so much easier to many than going over into DOS

Sadly I don't get how or why a nobody as myself that has access to writing codes and a computer can figure this out yet high paid engineers are stumped.

Anyhow I will pull plugs on the truck this upcoming weekend and see how they look and see what else I can do with fuel and air mixture and the timing to push it just a bit more.

James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue1 View Post
Why would something so new and complex have anything to do with DOS? I am super intrigued however, how were you able to send the requests to the PCM to allow it to be read?

Which OBD setup did you use to interface the PC to the port?
Also, what software did you use to pull the info from the PCM, then compile it?
How hard was the encryption to hack?
Sorry for all the questions, but again I am super intrigued..